Make a Donation to Help Further Place-Based Education! Donate Now
COVID-19 Pandemic Information
Cottonwood School will continue to monitor the situation daily and share our plans for the 20.21 school year as they evolve.
We will be regularly checking in with our current families by email and we are currently creating a schedule for virtual whole school and classroom meetings. We will be hosting a virtual, whole school Back-to-School Night before school starts. This will be an opportunity to meet all current teachers and staff, welcome new families, ask questions and learn more about the 20.21 school year.
Looking Ahead to the 20.21 School Year
School will begin on September 8th, 2020. All Cottonwood students will participate in an online learning model from September 8th until at least November 27, which is the end of the first trimester.
It is possible that, unless COVID-19 conditions improve significantly, online learning will extend into the second trimester and perhaps beyond. We will assess all available public health information and county and state metrics to help make decisions about reopening our school campus. When Oregon and Multnomah County meet the metrics set by the state, Cottonwood will prepare to transition to our hybrid model which will bring students into the building two days a week in cohorts of 11-12 students per class. We hope to make transitions in alignment with our trimester blocks to create continuity in teaching and learning. We will communicate our plans no later than October 30, and again no later than March 1st respectively.
We are working diligently to put into place detailed health and safety protocols for the 20.21 school year. These will be approved by the Oregon Health Authority and submitted to the Oregon Department of Education before the school building reopens to students.
Communications from The Cottonwood School
- 08/07/2020 – Cottonwood Fall Update
- 07/24/2020 – CSCS Childcare Survey
- 07/20/2020 – CSCS Fall Plan
- 07/10/2020 – Important Reopening Information!
- 07/07/2020 – Planning for Fall 2020- Update
- 06/18/2020 – Getting Ready for the Fall!
- 06/15/2020 – Last chance to include your input for fall reopening survey!
- The Cottonwood School of Civics and Science Operational Blueprint for Comprehensive Distance Learning 20.21
- Ready Schools, Safe Learners Guidance
- Multnomah Educational Service District (MESD) Comprehensive Communicable Disease Management Plan
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Oregon Health Authority
- Multnomah County Health Department
- World Health Organization