Curriculum: Civil Rights And Civil Wrongs, The Black History Of Portland, Oregon
Teaching Portland’s Black History through Primary Sources
Workshops for Educators
The Cottonwood School of Civics and Science is pleased to offer 1- to 3-day professional development workshops to introduce your staff or organization to Civil Rights and Civil Wrongs: A History of Portland’s Black Community.
Workshops can include:
- Hands-on experience with standards-based lessons, led by the curriculum’s authors
- Training in inquiry-based teaching practices using primary sources using local resources and materials from the Library of Congress
- Coaching in culturally responsive teaching practices and educator preparation for facilitating conversations about race
- Opportunities to adapt the curriculum to your organization or school
- Many more valuable resources to take back to the classroom and community!
Contact Place-Based Education Expert and The Cottonwood School of Civics and Science’s Fieldwork Coordinator, Sarah Anderson to create a workshop option: sarahanderson [at] thecottonwoodschool.org