Contributions to Cottonwood School of Civics and Science are critical to ensuring that our students can continue to have the unique and inspiring education we offer. We are grateful for the support of school families and the greater community. As a charter school, we receive 60%* of what public district schools receive, so it is essential that we raise funds to cover the cost of providing a learning environment where students develop a sense of place, become stewards of the natural world, and grow into active citizens within our community.
This is where we need your help! Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to CSCS to support the valuable education our students receive.
Here are a few examples of what your support makes possible:
- Kindergarteners made many trips to Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge to investigate pond life and learn about native plants
- 3rd-graders learned all about the Chinook tribe by traveling to the Ridgefield Wildlife Refuge to tour a life-size replica of a Chinook longhouse and had a Ridgefield archeologist both on-site and back in the classroom to specifically learn about how the tribe traveled and traded.
- 6th-graders trekked out to Central Oregon for their annual 3 night OMSI camp. This study of environmental science in Fossil, Oregon included a night hike to learn about triboluminescence and day hikes to learn about the people who lived there and how they interacted with the environment.
- 7th- and 8th- graders journeyed to Smith Rock for four days for an Outward Bound rock climbing camp. Students sleep under tarps, cook their own food, learn how to climb, and rappel off of the top of Smith Rock!
- 7th grade bused down to Salem to present their Project Citizen portfolio on the need for resources for male and transgender survivors of domestic abuse. The thoroughness of their project impressed the judges and won them the state title!
These educational experiences cannot be created in the classroom and they take a lot of planning and resources. In order to continue offering the curriculum, we do we need your help. We are asking families to make this possible with a suggested monthly donation of $25 per family, or an annual gift of $300. All contributions at any level are most welcome and all donations are tax-deductible.
Matching gifts are an easy way to double (sometimes even triple!) a charitable contribution. Many companies and corporate foundations match their employees’ gifts to nonprofit organizations, like CSCS.
Click here to learn about additional ways to support our students!