Volunteering at CSCS is helpful and fun! There are lots of ways to give back to the community and we will occasionally post to this page with specific opportunities as they arise. If you are a CSCS Parent, we ask you to give 24 hours per school year per student. You can check your child’s class page for specific classroom and fieldwork related opportunities as well. If you have an idea for a way to volunteer or would like to reach out to us about a community partnership, please fill out the form below and someone will get in touch!
Each family is expected to volunteer 24 hours (per student) throughout the school year and there are plenty of opportunities for anyone willing to give the time. Examples include (but are not limited to):
- In-Class help (such as reading and math support, projects, etc.) Ask the teachers what they need
- After school help (such as cleaning, laundry, prep, etc.) Ask the teachers what they need
- PTO (Friends of CSCS) – help on various events throughout the year
- Fieldwork Chaperones
- Office Help
- School Board and Board Committees
- Beginning and end of year cleaning, painting, maintenance
- Make a suggestion! We love parents to get involved.
Fill out the form above to start a conversation about volunteering.
Benefits of Volunteering 🙂
- You are setting a good example for your child
- When parents get involved, children do better
- You are helping your community
- Meet other parents